Vancouver Family & Divorce Lawyers | Henderson Heinrichs LLP

What happens if my Ex doesn’t follow our parenting agreement?

Written by: HHLaw (View All Posts ) Published: November 9, 2022
Categorized: .

If you have an agreement or court order that provides for a parenting agreement that is not being followed by your former partner, you can apply to court to enforce that order or agreement. Fines can be levied against parents that do not follow agreements or orders. In extreme cases, the parent can be found to be guilty of contempt of court and put in jail for breaching parenting orders.