Henderson Heinrichs LLP | Vancouver Family Lawyers

It’s Income Tax Time: Deduction of Legal Fees

Kevin Heinrichs

Written by: Kevin Heinrichs (View All Posts • View Bio ) Published: April 2, 2012
Categorized: Child Support, Spousal Support.

When you pay money to a lawyer to:

– collect late support payments from a current or former spouse;

– obtain a spousal or a child support order from a current or former spouse; or,

– seek an increase in spousal or child support payments from a current or former spouse,

you can deduct those legal fees from your taxable income.  These deductions should be set out in line 221 of your Income Tax Return, and are discussed further in a tax guide issued by the Canada Revenue Agency.  Henderson Heinrichs can help review and identify which client expenses are deductible to make the process as simple as possible.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
Share This