Vancouver Family & Divorce Lawyers | Henderson Heinrichs LLP

What happens if you refuse to pay child support in BC?

Written by: HHLaw (View All Posts ) Published: October 18, 2022
Categorized: .

Refusing to pay child support will likely result in your spouse registering with the Family Maintenance Enforcement Program. Once registered, they will take over enforcement of any child support order or agreement. Enforcement steps can include garnishment of wages, garnishment of your tax refunds, suspension of your driver’s licence and passport, and in serious cases, it can include being put in jail.