Vancouver Family & Divorce Lawyers | Henderson Heinrichs LLP

Do I need a pre-nuptial agreement in BC?

Written by: HHLaw (View All Posts ) Published: November 9, 2022
Categorized: .

If you want to protect property that you are bringing into a marriage, you should consult a lawyer to see if a pre-nuptial agreement is right for you. If you do not have a pre-nuptial agreement, if you separate, support and property division will be dealt with under the BC Family Law Act and the Divorce Act.   That may mean that your ex will share in property that you wanted to keep separate from them on separation or divorce.