• Blog

It's Income Tax Time: Deduction of Legal Fees

When you pay money to a lawyer to:

- collect late support payments from a current or former spouse;

- obtain a spousal or a child support order from a current or former spouse; or,

- seek an increase in spousal or child support payments from a current or former spouse,

you can deduct those legal fees from your taxable income.  These deductions should be set out in line 221 of your Income Tax Return, and are discussed further in a tax guide issued by the Canada Revenue Agency.  Henderson Heinrichs can help review and identify which client expenses are deductible to make the process as simple as possible.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Understand your legal options. Make informed decisions. Contact the family law lawyers of Henderson Heinrichs LLP


Did You Enjoy Working With Our Firm?

Review Us

Henderson Heinrichs LLP
1188 West Georgia Street
Suite 1530
Vancouver, BC V6E 4A2

Toll Free: 866-649-7217
Toll Free: 1-844-669-3500
Phone: 604-669-3500
Fax: 604-689-9733
Vancouver Law Office Map