Updated: October, 2021
Our office is open but we continue to encourage clients to take advantage of the option to schedule Zoom meetings. We will accommodate necessary in-person meetings with existing clients who are fully vaccinated, by scheduled appointment. We require that clients attending at the office provide proof of full vaccination (digital or print BC Vaccine Card or equivalent if you were vaccinated in another jurisdiction).
Safety Information for Clients
At our offices we are following public health directives, including follow social distancing protocols and taking practical steps to limit the social contacts that occur in our workspace.
Here’s what this means for you:
- At this point, we are only scheduling in-person meetings with existing clients in situations where physical attendance is necessary. As noted above, we will require proof of full vaccination for any in-person meeting. For the time being, we are going to hold all other meetings, including introductory consultations, by phone or by Zoom.
- We will endeavor to schedule only one in-person appointment at a time in our office so as to ensure that we can keep you and our staff safe and comply with social distancing protocols. If it is necessary that there be more than one meeting at a time, we will ensure that each client is able to safely distance. Please do not arrive early for your appointment as we cannot accommodate people in our waiting area at this time.
- When you arrive, please respect the social distancing markers we have put in place in our reception area.
- We ask that verify before any in-person meeting that you don’t have COVID or are experiencing any COVID-like symptoms, and that you have not been in contact with anyone that has COVID or COVID-like symptoms.
- If you need to provide us with your identification or any other documents, we will have you leave them in a designated tray by the front door. Our receptionist, Brandy, will direct you to a boardroom where we hold in-person meetings.
- We require that you wear a mask over your mouth and nose at all times during your appointment. We will do the same. If you do not have a mask, we will provide you with one.
- We will book appointments with enough time in between to allow us to thoroughly clean and disinfect the meeting space.
- We ask that you do not bring anyone with you to your in-person appointment at our office. If you need personal support during your meeting, please let us know ahead of time so we can make appropriate arrangements to have that person attend by video conference or by phone.
- If you have any COVID-like symptoms or are sick in any other way, please do not come to your in-person appointment. We are more than prepared to reschedule your visit to ensure that possible transmission of COVID-19 is minimized.
While there will always be some risk, we believe that these protocols will help to create a safe environment for our divorce and family law clients, our prospective clients, and our Henderson Heinrichs LLP staff members.
Notice About In-person Court Hearings and Trials
In order to ensure the health and safety of our staff and family, we have also made the decision that we will not conduct in-person hearings with participants who are not fully vaccinated. If a hearing arises where a participant is unvaccinated, we will take all possible steps to arrange for the hearing to be held using online technology. For trials, we are unable to act as in person counsel for unvaccinated clients. We will assist in finding alternative counsel if necessary as well as assess other non-in-person dispute resolution options.
We look forward to continuing to help you and your families. If you have any questions about our COVID safety protocols, please contact us and we will be happy to answer them.