The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation is affecting everyone and we understand the uncertainty and worry that the current circumstances are causing. At Henderson Heinrichs, the health and well-being of our clients and associates is what matters most. Just like many businesses, we are making some changes in response and would like our clients and potential client’s to be aware of the following:
- To people who need to speak with a lawyer: we are available to help you. Please call our office and we will arrange to meet with you by phone or by video conference. We know that in these confusing times, people continue to need help to deal with their family law issues and we are committed to being here for you.
- We are encouraging our lawyers and staff to work from home in order to promote the social distancing which authorities have advised is key in dealing with the coronavirus. This will not affect your ability to contact your lawyer.
- We have taken steps to ensure that your lawyer will continue to be available to you, and will continue to work diligently on your file. To be clear: you can phone and email your lawyer now just as you have always been able. If you are directed to your lawyer’s voicemail, please leave a message and your call will quickly be returned.
- For the foreseeable future, your lawyer will be available to meet with you by telephone conference, video conference or by email. We will be regularly reviewing our ability to hold in-person meetings based on changing circumstances and related guidance from Public Health authorities. We will advise immediately when that option again becomes available.
- Court hearings, trials, in-person court conferences and mediations will be subject to decisions by courts, the government and the various institutions that we deal with. We will prepare for any such hearings and meetings, and we will consult with you about whether your hearing or meeting will proceed or will need to be adjourned.